Our Reablement service provides short term therapy and support by working with adults in their own home or care home to prevent hospital admission, to facilitate early hospital discharge and to provide rehabilitation and support in order to help people maintain/regain their independence.
Who is this service for?
This service is for any adult over 18 years of age who is registered with a Bath and North East Somerset GP.
In some circumstances we can support a patient who has a GP registered outside of Bath and North East Somerset, but only if their local council is within Bath and North East Somerset.
Please contact us for further details, using the number on the right of this page.
How does this service work / what's involved in this service?
Our service focuses primarily on:
- Prevention of admission to hospital (Rapid Response – visit from a therapist within four hours)
- Facilitating early discharge from hospital (a therapist will meet you at home within an hour of discharge)
- Determining the appropriate level and type of service for your on-going needs
- On-going rehabilitation based on an assessment of need by a therapist (Planned Rehabilitation)
- On-going support based on an assessment of need by a social worker
How do I access this service?
You can be referred for therapy by your:
- Health Care Professional
Yourself, your family member or your health or social care professional can also refer you for short term support to help you maintain or regain your independence. Please call 01225 396 000 and use Option 2 for Social Care enquiries and referrals.
What does this service cost?
This is an NHS/Council funded short term service and is therefore of no cost to you.
In what areas is this service available?
We currently offer this service via three teams, including St Martins Hospital in Bath, Keynsham Health Centre and The Hollies in Midsomer Norton.
Please note that these are our admin offices, and all treatment and care is provided in your own home.