The service is for adults over the age of 18 years with Parkinson’s or Parkinsonism who have been diagnosed by a specialist Consultant and who are registered with a GP practice within South Gloucestershire.
Who is this service for?
What we do
The Parkinson’s Nurse Specialist offers:
- Telephone support and medication advice for patients and their carers
- Clinic appointments with the nurse specialist and clinical assessments for the Parkinson’s patient
- Home visits to the housebound patient inclusive of nursing & care homes
- Informal information group sessions for the newly diagnosed patient
- In reach to the community hospitals for patients with a Parkinson’s related problem
- Multi-disciplinary working and liaison
- A source of local information and signposting for people with Parkinson’s
How do I access this service?
You can access this service by asking your GP or Consultant Specialist or any other health care or social care professional involved in your care to refer you.
If in doubt please contact your local Parkinson’s Nurse Specialist using the contact details to the right of this page.