Mental Health Support
Mental Health Support
A community based mental health service.
Who is this service for?
These services are available to adults (18+) with a mental health support need who live in the Bath & North East Somerset area.
How does this service work / what's involved in this service?
Sirona’s Mental Health Services are comprised of three teams, each providing practical and social support to promote wellbeing and recovery from mental health problems.
We work in Partnership with a range of Mental Health Service Providers, including Avon & Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership (AWP) and the voluntary sector.
The service is available after a referral from a number of possible routes (please see downloadable service leaflet to the right of this page). All referrals come to a single point of entry into the mental health service. At this point you could receive support from one or more of the mental health teams. These are:
- Community Links offer practical, emotional support and social access to help individuals plan a way forward in order to improve their mental and physical wellbeing.
- This service facilitates peer led support groups including arts, horticulture and a social drop-in across Bath and North East Somerset.
- The service works with the Five Steps to Wellbeing. These five steps are generally practiced in the peer led support groups which give members the opportunity to gain confidence and be involved in the community.
- Alternatively, one-to-one advice can be offered to enable individuals to plan for the future.
- The service helps people to develop into peer mentors so that they can use their experience to help others.
- Community Links enables people to access a range of health, social care and wellbeing related services.
Hearsay Information Hubs
This is a free confidential information service for people living in Bath and North East Somerset who feel they require assistance with advice and information (for example around housing, finance or stress related problems). This need can exist due to a number of reasons, limitations and situations and can have an impact on our everyday lives.
The service assists and enables people with accessing information, signposting to appropriate organisations, and community interests. Some of the issues our support staff can help with include:
Help with money
Address physical and mental wellbeing
Advice to access community activities
You, because you matter
HEARSAY provides drop-in services across Bath and North East Somerset. Please contact the office for further details.
Telephone: 01225 837092 (Bath area)
Telephone 01225 835817 (North East Somerset area)
- This service helps people to deal with personal circumstances that may be causing mental distress
- This service provides practical, emotional and social support to people in order to promote independence
- This service is provided to people in their own homes or in community settings
- This service aims to provide information, advice and support to enable access to training, education and work opportunities
- The service will help people prepare a job-related action plan and support them to achieve goals
- The service provides a job retention service for people whose employment is at risk due to mental health issues
Homelink Rural Floating Support Service
- The Homelink Rural Floating Support Service aims to support adults living in the North East Somerset area to maintain their tenancies and access other relevant services if necessary. This is a non-chargeable service for up to two years.
How do I access this service?
There is a central point of referral for all 3 services, and referrals can be accepted from:
- Local Mental Health Services
- Local adult health and social care teams
- BANES Talking Therapies Service
Please note that Community Links welcome self-referrals.
If you would like to enquire further about how to access our services, please call any of the numbers on the right of this page.
What does this service cost?
Services are provided free of charge.
In what areas is this service available?
We currently offer this service in the Bath & North East Somerset area.
Access This Service
This service is available from a number of Sirona sites - please select your nearest Sirona Health Centre.
Mental Health Homelink Rural Floating Support Service
Mental Health Reablement Team