This service is available for people who are registered with a GP in the South Gloucestershire area.
We accept referrals for people who:
The Macmillan Rehabilitation and Support Service is made up of an Occupational Therapy Case Manager and an Occupational Therapy Assistant Practitioner. We offer support to people who are experiencing reduced quality of life due to cancer and/or cancer treatment.
The kind of issues that people living with and beyond cancer often experience include:
• low mood and anxiety
• physical challenges or weakness / de-conditioning
• reduced concentration, memory or other challenges with thinking (cognitive) skills
• fear of recurrence
• changes to body image
As a consequence people may have difficulties
• participating in their usual physical activities, roles and responsibilities
• remaining in or returning to work,
• accessing community facilities
• making lifestyle changes to reduce the risk of recurrence or improve prognosis
We offer support varying from basic advice and signposting to helping to manage more complex and challenging issues. In some circumstances we can provide equipment and minor adaptations and make onward referrals to, for example, the Macmillan dietician and Macmillan “Buddies” volunteers.
You can contact us direct – details are on the right – or you can be referred by your GP, other health care professional or voluntary organisations.
If you are unsure whether the service is right for you, please give us a ring.