The Dementia Advisor Service supports adults of all ages who live in Thornbury, Bradley Stoke/Patchway and Yate, with symptoms of mild to moderate dementia who have already received a diagnosis of dementia. We also provide support to carers.
Who is this service for?
What we do
- Help for you and your family to understand the diagnosis of dementia.
- Emotional support for you and your carer to cope with the ongoing challenges of living with dementia
- Discussing and explaining ideas and tips to enable you to live well in your own home, including how to prevent falls and accidents
- Informing you about local and national support services, including local memory cafes and activity groups
- Support and advice for your family and carers who are caring for the person with dementia
- Future planning for your health and wellbeing wishes
- We work in partnership with your GP surgery and other health and social care professionals.