Publicly funded NHS & social care services
Publicly funded NHS & social care services

Child Health Services

Child Health Services

Our Child Health Service operates community clinics across the Bath clinical area seeing young people who have been referred from their GP or other healthcare professional with developmental, behavioural, medical or educational needs.

Who is this service for?

This service is for children of 0-18 years of age (or up to 19 years of age if attending a special needs school) on referral.

How does this service work / what's involved in this service?

Our Child Health Service consists of a team of doctors with expertise in hearing loss, disorders of development (for example autism), disability (for example cerebral palsy), problems with behaviour, and the health of child populations (such as immunisation). The Community Child Health Service has statutory responsibilities in relation to statements for Special Educational Needs (working closely with the Local Education Authorities) and in relation to Safeguarding children, Looked after Children and fostering and adoption (working closely with Children’s Social Care Departments).

Community paediatric services are available to children and young people where there are concerns about a child’s health, development or educational progress.

How do I access this service?

You must be referred to this service by your:

  • GP
  • Health Visitor
  • School Nurse
  • School
  • Social Worker

In what areas is this service available?

We currently offer this service in the Bath & North East Somerset area.

Was this page useful to you?

If you would like us to follow up on specific feedback, please ensure you include your contact details.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Bath NHS House
01225 731 575
Bath NHS House
Newbridge Hill
Monday - Friday
9.30am - 4.30pm

Community clinics are open at these times. Messages can be left with the administrative department from 9:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday.


Useful Links

Other Services in ‘Children & Young Adults’