The service offers a broad range of activities which aim to promote independence by developing/maintaining and enhancing people’s skills, interest and abilities.
Each centre has a residential care home that provides care & health services in a safe environment for older vulnerable adults with a variety of disabilities.
The centres also offer services to support the wider community, which include respite care, day care, hairdressing service, toe nail cutting service and the use of an assisted bathroom. In addition there are rooms that can be booked for meetings & activities and refreshments can be provided.
Charlton House has 2 units
- Somerdale provides a service for older people with Dementia.
- Abbey Park provides a service to older people with a range of physical disabilities.
Cleeve Court has 2 units
- Kelston Rise provides a service for older people with Dementia.
- Lansdown View provides a service to older people with a range of physical disabilities.
Combe Lea has 2 units
- Gardners Row provides a service for older people with Dementia.
- Willow View provides a service to older people with a range of physical disabilities.
8:30am – 5.00pm (Monday – Thursday)
8:30am – 4.30pm (Friday)
Outside of the above hours, contact the Emergency Duty Team on: 01454 615165
Residential care facilities are provided at:
Tel: 01225 396049
Tel: 01225 396788
Tel: 01225 396338
Sirona also provides extra care sheltered housing for older people, who have some care needs, with an assured tenancy in a self-contained flat in a purpose-built or adapted scheme.
If you require help with personal care and daily activities and your present accommodation is not suitable any more, then extra care sheltered housing might be the answer for you. Extra care enables you to have the care and support you need whilst maintaining a high degree of privacy and security.
A trained care team is based in the same building to assist you with personal care and any other tasks you are unable to do alone. You will have the benefit of your own front door with the security and support of a safe environment. You will also benefit from the services of a manager employed by the Registered Social Landlord who will be on site to deal with any problems you have with your flat.
You can be referred to this service by your Social Care Team and:
- You must be resident in Bath and North East Somerset. Alternatively, you must show a strong connection to the area; for example an immediate family member.
- Your current housing may no longer be suitable for your needs
- You must need help with care and domestic tasks
- You must have had an assessment of your needs completed by a social worker
As an assured tenant in your own self-contained flat you will be required to pay your rent and service charges. You will also be responsible for paying Council Tax and household bills for your own flat.
Depending on your circumstances you may be eligible to receive housing benefit to help towards the rent, service and support charges.
The service charge covers, among other things, the cost of servicing the fire safety and other alarm systems, and for the heating and lighting of the communal areas.
You may also be required to make a contribution towards the cost of meeting your care needs. Advice about finances and costs will be available to you before you make a decision to move to the scheme.
Extra care facilities are provided at:
Telephone: 01225 396525
Telephone: 01225 396171
Telephone: 01225 831672 or 01225 831815
St John’s Court
St John’s Road
Telephone: 01225 831313 or 01225 831402
Telephone: 01225 840481