Closure to visitors
We’re sorry but visiting at the South Bristol Community Hospital Rehabilitation Unit will be closed until at least 24 January 2022. This is due to Covid-19 cases on the units and to limit risk of further Covid-19 cases.
Updates will be posted on the website in due course and communicated to patients and families verbally.
Covid-19 and visiting SBCH Rehabilitation unit
Visiting guidelines for our rehabilitation units are different to our local hospitals due to the smaller community settings in which they are based and are aimed to ensure we keep people – service users, staff and visitors as safe as possible.
They are regularly reviewed when National Guidance is updated or changes. We continue to welcome one visitor at a time (one named visitor per service user for the length of their stay) to see service users in our Rehabilitation Units and will have slots available for our service user’s next of kin to book a visit in advance (this may be next of kin or another chosen family member/ close friend/ carer)
To visit you will need to show us an email or text message from the Government’s testing portal of a negative COVID lateral flow test within the last 72 hours.
You will also need to wear appropriate PPE which we will issue to you and follow all guidance in our summary here and any requests our staff make while you are with us. For the most up to date information on COVID-19 precautions, please click here.
If you have any symptoms of COVID, please do not visit- you will not be allowed entry if you are not well.
Unfortunately we are not able to have visits from under 18s at this time.
For further information, please contact the unit on 0300 124 6301 / 0300 124 6302.
Who is this service for?
The SBCH Rehabilitation Unit is an inpatient rehabilitation service situated across two wards in the South Bristol Community Hospital in Hengrove.
Access is available to all adults over the age of 18.
What we do
The unit has 60 beds and our teams provide intensive rehabilitation for:
- people who are unable to safely return directly home following a hospital stay due to on-going rehabilitation and care needs and require intensive therapy to transfer home
- people who are struggling in their own homes due to a reduction in mobility or function and require a short period of intensive inpatient rehabilitation to help them return safely home. This may prevent an admission into a hospital setting
How do I access this service?
A formal referral is required to access the facility. This will be either:
- from a hospital professional to facilitate a discharge from a hospital bed
- from a GP or other community professional if access is required to ‘step up’ a person from their home
I’m a clinician – how do I make a referral to this service?
A referral would be made in one of 2 ways:
- a referral would be completed on a Single Referral Form (SRF) within the hospital and would be managed by the Integrated Discharge Team (IDS), through the Integrated Care Bureau (ICB) for a ‘step down’ bed
- a referral would be taken through our Single Point of Access (SPA) team on 0300 1256789 if a ‘step up’ from the community was required
South Bristol Community Hospital Rehabilitation Unit
Sat nav postcode: BS14 0DB
Ward 100:0300 124 6301
Ward 200: 0300 124 6302