Covid-19 and visiting SBCH Rehabilitation unit
Visiting at South Bristol Community Hospital Rehabilitation Unit has been suspended until further notice, we are continuing to review our visiting policy with our commissioners and partners and we will share an update as soon as we are able.
For further information, please contact the unit on 0300 124 6301 / 0300 124 6302.
Who is this service for?
The SBCH Rehabilitation Unit is an inpatient rehabilitation service situated across two wards in the South Bristol Community Hospital in Hengrove.
Access is available to all adults over the age of 18.
What we do
The unit has 60 beds and our teams provide intensive rehabilitation for:
- people who are unable to safely return directly home following a hospital stay due to on-going rehabilitation and care needs and require intensive therapy to transfer home
- people who are struggling in their own homes due to a reduction in mobility or function and require a short period of intensive inpatient rehabilitation to help them return safely home. This may prevent an admission into a hospital setting
How do I access this service?
A formal referral is required to access the facility. This will be either:
- from a hospital professional to facilitate a discharge from a hospital bed
- from a GP or other community professional if access is required to ‘step up’ a person from their home
I’m a clinician – how do I make a referral to this service?
A referral would be made in one of 2 ways:
- a referral would be completed on a Single Referral Form (SRF) within the hospital and would be managed by the Integrated Discharge Team (IDS), through the Integrated Care Bureau (ICB) for a ‘step down’ bed
- a referral would be taken through our Single Point of Access (SPA) team on 0300 1256789 if a ‘step up’ from the community was required
South Bristol Community Hospital Rehabilitation Unit
Sat nav postcode: BS14 0DB
Ward 100:0300 124 6301
Ward 200: 0300 124 6302