Who is this service for?
The Dementia Advisor Service supports adults of all ages who live in Thornbury, Bradley Stoke/Patchway and Yate, with symptoms of mild to moderate dementia who have already received a diagnosis of dementia. We also provide support to carers.
What we do
- Help for you and your family to understand the diagnosis of dementia.
- Emotional support for you and your carer to cope with the on-going challenges of living with dementia
- Discussing and explaining ideas and tips to enable you to live well in your own home, including how to prevent falls and accidents
- Informing you about local and national support services, including local memory cafes and activity groups
- Support and advice for your family and carers who are caring for the person with dementia
- Future planning for your health and wellbeing wishes
- We work in partnership with your GP surgery and other health and social care professionals.
- Refer on to health, voluntary and social care services based on assessment.
How do I access this service?
If you have a confirmed diagnosis of dementia, you can self-refer to this service or ask a GP or healthcare professional to refer you.
Referrals should be made via the Single Point of Access (SPA) – please call 0300 125 6789 or email us.
This service is currently available in Yate, Bradley Stoke, Patchway and Thornbury areas.
Monday- Friday 8am – 6pm