Coronavirus (COVID-19): Changes to this service
- Staff are available to treat minor injuries between 8am and 8.30pm seven days a week.
- Face coverings must be worn by everyone who enters the facility. Disposable face coverings are available if required.
- Anyone visiting the facility who declines to wear a face covering (other than those with medical exemption) will be refused entry, but will still receive care.
- Patients must attend the facility alone unless they have a medical / carer requirement and need to be accompanied.
- On arrival, patients must press the door buzzer and wait to be greeted by the Patient Flow Coordinator. Patients will be temperature checked on arrival and asked some questions about their current covid risk status.
- Patients must use the hand sanitiser located outside the main front door before entering the premises.
- Due to social distancing requirements, there is a reduced waiting room capacity. Patients may be asked to wait in cars or outside the building.
- All staff will wear a face mask at all times and full PPE for patient consultations / treatments.
- No toys or magazines available in waiting areas at present.
- Patients may be re-directed to other treatment facilities if required.
Please watch this short video to learn more about what to expect from your visit to Clevedon Minor Injury Unit.
Who is this service for?
Anyone above the age of 12 months can visit the Minor Injury Unit (MIU).
What we do
The Minor Injury Unit (MIU) is a purpose-built facility based in North Somerset Community Hospital offering treatment for a wide range of minor injuries.
Treatment is delivered by our specialist emergency nurse practitioners who are fully trained in both adult and paediatric care.
Our specialist practitioners are able to treat people with minor injuries such as:
- Wounds and grazes
- Cuts needing stitches
- Trips and falls
- Broken bones (we have an x-ray facility on site)
- Minor burns
- Sports injuries
- Sprains, bruises and abrasions
- Head injuries (no loss of consciousness)
- Simple eye trauma e.g. foreign bodies
- Removal of foreign bodies
- Minor injuries in children over 12 months of age
- All minor injuries following accidents / incidents.
How do I access this service?
Our waiting times are usually much shorter than at your local A&E department.
North Somerset Community Hospital
Minor Injury Unit
8am-9.00pm (last admission 8.30pm)
10am-6pm Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day (last admission 5.30pm)
Monday to Friday: 8.30am-4.45pm
Saturday, Sundays and bank holidays: 10am-5.45pm
X-ray for people referred by GPs
There is now an appointment service for all GP x-ray requests. Please call 01275 342571 to agree a suitable date and time.
Appointment line open 8.45am-4.15pm, Monday to Friday. Appointments available Monday to Sunday inclusive.