The Employers Network is a partnership group facilitated and supported by Sirona in conjunction with local businesses which works in Bath to develop a cohesive and sustainable employer led partnership. It looks to address and improve the inequalities in the labour markets and to offer people with learning difficulties and people on the autistic spectrum work experience and opportunities, including:
- Interview practice
- Paid employment
The Network also offers support to employers within the program:
- Skilled candidates who are often overlooked in the employment process
- Help building employers’ in-house capacity to attract and recruit from this talent pool
- Job Coaching, at no cost to the employer
- Support for existing staff with disabilities
- Meetings with and training for line managers of these staff
- Developing awareness of disability issues as they relate to employment
The Network meets on a monthly/bimonthly basis and all are welcome to attend; for more details, please contact Avril Mendel on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07530 263361. There is also a newsletter that gives details of these meetings and other relevant events.
We work with our partners at Project SEARCH, operating out of City of Bath College and Fosse Way School. Project SEARCH is a one-year, immersive work experience programme for students to help them gain skills and confidence for finding employment.