The Service User Panel is made up of members of the public and service users who have an interest in health and social care and the work of Sirona. The Panel has been in existence since 2010. The Panel’s role is to be an organisation-wide body that provides a service user and public voice at a strategic planning level within Sirona. The Panel aims to embed service user voices at the heart of the organisation and they collaborate on, and are consulted about, a wide variety of issues.
In the past year these issues have included:
- amalgamating the South Glos and BANES Panels into one overall Sirona Panel covering the whole of the Sirona geographical area
- the development of Personal Assessment forms
- input into the development of the new Sirona website
- the production and updating of service user information leaflets
- development of Sirona service strategies
- BANES Council and BANES Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) review of health and social are services, ‘Your Care, Your Way’
- involvement in training support staff
The Terms of Reference for the Panel can be found here.
At present we have fifteen members from across Bath and North East Somerset and South Gloucestershire but are always looking for more. If you are interested in finding out more then contact Martha Cox, Service User Involvement Lead via email at email@example.com or 01225 831328.
Application details for becoming a Service User Panel member are here.
Please click here to read the Sirona Service User Panel Annual Report for 2015/16.