Visiting guidelines for our rehabilitation units are different to our local hospitals due to the smaller community settings in which they are based and are aimed to ensure we keep people – service users, staff and visitors as safe as possible.
They are regularly reviewed when National Guidance is updated or changes. We continue to welcome one visitor at a time (one named visitor per service user for the length of their stay) to see service users in our Rehabilitation Units and will have slots available for our service user’s next of kin to book a visit in advance (this may be next of kin or another chosen family member/ close friend/ carer)
You will also need to wear appropriate PPE which we will issue to you and follow all guidance in our summary here and any requests our staff make while you are with us. For the most up to date information on COVID-19 precautions, please click here.
If you have any symptoms of COVID, please do not visit- you will not be allowed entry if you are not well.
Unfortunately we are not able to have visits from under 18s at this time.
Who is this service for?
The Henderson Rehabilitation Unit is an inpatient rehabilitation service on the top floor of The Grace Care Centre in Thornbury.
Access is available to all adults over the age of 18.
What we do
The unit has 20 beds and our teams provide intensive rehabilitation for:
- people who are unable to safely return directly home following a hospital stay due to on-going rehabilitation and care needs and require intensive therapy to transfer home
- people who are struggling in their own homes due to a reduction in mobility or function and require a short period of intensive inpatient rehabilitation to help them return safely home. This may prevent an admission into a hospital setting
How do I access this service?
A formal referral is required to access the facility. This will be either:
- from a hospital professional to facilitate a discharge from a hospital bed
- from a GP or other community professional if access is required to ‘step up’ a person from their home
I’m a clinician – how do I make a referral to this service?
A referral would be made in one of 2 ways:
- a referral would be completed on a Single Referral Form (SRF) within the hospital and would be managed by the Integrated Discharge Team (IDS), through the Integrated Care Bureau (ICB) for a ‘step down’ bed
- a referral would be taken through our Single Point of Access (SPA) team on 0300 1256789 if a ‘step up’ from the community was required